How to become an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer?
10+2 with PCM/Diploma- Candidates for the position of Aircraft Maintenance Engineer must possess a diploma in engineering from any government-recognized institution that has been granted AICTE approval or a 10+2 passing certificate in the PCM group exclusively.
Medical Fitness Certificate- A candidate for the position of aircraft maintenance engineer must be physically fit in all respects and possess a certificate from any MBBS doctor confirming that the candidate's colour vision is normal.
AME License- After completing an Aircraft Maintenance Engineering program from a DGCA-approved institution under CAR 147(Basic), a candidate must possess an AME Licence granted by the DGCA, Government of India. Applying for a job as an AME in the aviation industry is a requirement.
Skills Required to Become an AME
- Ability to collaborate effectively - Because the AME pilots the aircraft, candidates must feel at ease working with others.
- Accountability - AME is responsible for the safety and protection of the aircraft.
- Ability to work irregular hours - AME is needed in good and bad times and places. An AME is competent to function in any situation.
- Excellent communication skills are a requirement for AMEs. He or she needs to speak English well.
- Confidence: AMEs may portray themselves with accuracy and assurance. The AME needs to embrace his job with enthusiasm.